Personal Injury Results
The following constitutes the results that Mr. Marquez has obtained for various individuals that he has represented throughout his career in the area of personal injury. Based on his personal philosophy and commitment to client confidences as well the terms and conditions of certain“confidential settlement agreements and/or court documents” results of cases are intentionally not shared with the public.
- 18 Wheeler truck driver goes left of center causing traumatic brain injury to minor child. Result: Six figure settlement.
- Automobile pileup on highway in ice storm. 18 Wheeler truck driver fails to slow down and strikes young mother rendering aid at the accident site. The accident resulted in the death of the mother. Result: Six figure settlement.
- Automobile accident- Client was a passenger in an automobile. The driver was intoxicated and under the influence of illegal drugs. The driver lost control of the automobile which in turn rolled over multiple times. The "Client" was ejected from the vehicle and ultimately passed away from a traumatic brain injury. Result: Six figure settlement for the aggrieved mother.
- Automobile accident- Driver runs a red light in a major intersection in Wichita, Kansas. The client was a middle aged man with advanced cerebral palsy who was a passenger in the automobile. The client sustained severe and life threatening injuries. Result: Six figure settlement for the client.
- Automobile accident- Driver runs stop sign in rural county in Kansas, colliding with client’s automobile. Client’s truck rolled over. Result: Six figure settlement.
- Automobile accident- Driver runs stop light colliding with client’s automobile, causing a roll over accident. Client sustained severe and significant injuries to her skull, face and arm. Result: Settlement for policy limits with insurance carrier of driver.
- U.S. Postal worker runs stop sign in Lamar Colorado:. Client who was in her late 60’s sustained significant injuries to her right femur and back all of which required extensive surgical intervention and life stabilization services. Result: Six figure settlement.
- Reckless and unlicensed driver strikes client who had just departed her vehicle resulting in significant cervical injuries. Result: Six figure settlement.
- Client and daughter were passengers in an automobile while traveling in Colorado. Driver lost control of the automobile causing the vehicle to roll. Client and daughter sustained significant injuries. Result: Six figure settlement.
Products Liability Claims
- Client stepped onto a freight elevator at his place of employment. The elevator immediately fell 18 feet resulting in significant and catastrophic injuries to the Client. Substantial workers compensation case accompanied by civil litigation directly against the manufacturer of the freight elevator. Result: Seven figure settlement.
- Client worked on an oil rig in Texas. A subcontractor refused to replace a defective pump which subsequently exploded. The client sustained significant injuries. Litigation commenced. Result: Six figure settlement.
- Client owned 2 combines with less than 50 hours of operation. Both combines caught fire resulting in their total destruction. Litigation commenced. Result: Six figure settlement.
- Client was attacked by a Rottweiler at an auto repair shop. The client sustained severe and life threatening injuries. Result: Six figure settlement.
- Client slipped and fell on ice while departing a local store. The property owner was aware of the icy conditions and failed to properly treat the ice. Client sustained a significant shoulder injury. Result: Six figure settlement.
- Failure to properly perform sinus procedure resulting in loss of sight in eye. Result: Six figure settlement.
- Complaints of back pain ignored by physician. Client required to submit to emergency medical intervention and surgery resulting in permanent nerve damage. Result: Six figure settlement.
- Failure to properly perform sinus procedure, resulting in client’s death. Result: Six figure settlement.
- Delay in performing c section of client results in brain injury to client. Result: Multiple settlements.
Disclaimer: Cases or matters referenced do not represent the lawyer’s or the law firm’s entire record. Each case is unique and must be evaluated on its own merits. The outcome of a particular case cannot be predicated upon a lawyer’s or a law firm’s past results.